Postmodernism

Postmodernism
Seeing is not always believing and believing is more than seeing

Tuesday, December 17, 2013

Indiana Jones Five

An Indiana Jones 5 is a no brainer for Disney.

The obvious story is Egypt or another Egyptian artifact, in the model of the first film.  Any writer could run with that and Disney/Spielberg could commission several screenplays and choose the best one.  If paid, I could write a halfway decent Indiana Jones 5 screenplay in six months. There is no reason why Disney/Spielberg can't cut all the red tape and fast track the project and be filming in a year.  It would be a last hurrah of Harrison Ford as Indy.

It could be pretty good... It already has classic written all over it.

It was a dream come true for me to work on Indiana Jones Four.  Sometimes I can't believe I met Harrison Ford, Shia, Cate Blanchett and Steven Spielberg, George Lucas, Kennedy/Marshall, Denis Stewart and many other truly amazing people -- some of the hardest working people in the movie business.  It was an experience I will always treasure.

"Dream big"

I truly love film production.  I get it.  I understand the moving parts, the diplomacy involved, how certain things work, and how to keep everything running like a well oiled machine.  I'm one of those rare ones that actually sees the numbers as well as the creative logistics of movie making.  The driving forces of the actors and the egos involved and how that affects the numbers... I know how to balance the business with the creative, which is how you create the most value.

What makes me a valuable part of any film production is my ability to bring out the best in people.  I demand the best from myself, and I have become highly skilled at finding the best in others...  But most importantly I know how to make production fun -- which is usually how to get the best out of people.  Getting the best out of people, the crew to the actors, means the audience will get the best experience in the theater.

I have been a major fan of Star Wars and the Indiana Jones (mainly the first one) since I was a child.  Few artists have developed their vision so completely as George Lucas has done with Star Wars.  Star Wars and Indiana Jones are iconic American popular culture, and will live on forever...  It's very inspiring and incredible to me.  Spielberg and Lucas (as well as everyone in their camps) have left an incredible legacy of films, many of which I truly adore and which inspired me as a child, and continue to inspire me in my film career today.

"When you wish upon a star"

Looking forward to seeing it in the theater!





No comments: